Rally for Equal Rights (Rally)

Character: Kayley Brennan
City/County: Franklin County (OH) - Columbus
Target Voters: Liberals
Election: OH Governor (July 2024)
Candidate Supporting: Kayley Brennan

• Under Republican rule, Ohio has failed to live up to its obligations to guarantee equal rights to its people. 

• Ohio continues to maintain a minimum wage that is far too low, disproportionately impacting historically marginalized communities, including people of color and single women. As Governor, I will raise the minimum wage to a living wage that can support young working families, no matter where you’re from. 

• Ohio has failed to implement the necessary legal reforms in law enforcement, the justice system, and prisons to ensure fair treatment and stop harassment of communities of color, especially African-Americans. I will support new reforms that prioritize equity and justice and ensure accountability for those that abuse their power to harass communities of color. 

• Republicans have failed to invest in struggling communities from the city to the countryside. As a private citizen, it fell to me to found charities to provide support and vital services for underserved communities. But it shouldn’t have to be that way. As Governor, I will make the rich pay their fair share so we can provide quality investment in neighborhoods, cities, and people that have been left behind in the 21st Century. 

• As a woman, no one values equal rights and pay for everyone more than me. I will ensure that equal pay is enforced, that more women are represented in business and STEM, and that reproductive rights are protected. 

View full rally

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic