Press Office of Charlotte O'Hare, Democratic Senate Candidate for Hawaii

Press Office of Charlotte O'Hare, Senator for Hawaii

Molly-Quinn.jpg

Charlotte O'Hare is the Democratic nominee for Senator of the great state of Hawaii. Her campaign for the United States Senate is focused on a pragmatic progressive message about tackling climate change, addressing healthcare affordability and improving education nationwide. She was born on the Big Island and attended the University of Hawaii to earn a degree in education. For grad school she attended the University of Washington. She began her career as an elementary school teacher at Ernest Bowen de Silva Elementary School. She was selected as the Hawaiian Teacher of the year in 2021. In 2022 she was elected to the Hawaii State Senate. She is happily married to a pediatric doctor, William O’Hare, and they have two children together. The couple still live in the State Senator's hometown of Hilo, Hawaii. 

Media comments:

(Links to spin zones)

Press releases:

(Links to Press statements)

Office Locations
(for after the 2024 elections)

Washington, DC Office (Capitol Hill)
109 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510

Honolulu Office (State Capitol and O'ahu)
300 Ala Moana Blvd., Rm 3-109
Honolulu, HI 96850

Hilo Office (Hawai'i)
76-284 Keawe St., Second floor
Hilo, HI 96720

Wailuku Office (Maui)
58 Maui Lani Pky., 1st Floor, Ste F1
Wailuku, HI 96793

Edited by Blake

• Blake changed the title to Press Office of Charlotte O'Hare, Democratic Senate Candidate for Hawaii
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Press Release #001: Charlotte O'Hare announces campaign for Senate

Hilo, Hawaii - Q1 2024, Hawaiian State Senator for the second district and 2021 Hawaiian teacher of the year Charlotte O'Hare announces her campaign for the United States Senate. The State Senator would be one of the youngest Senators ever at exactly thirty years old. She was born on the island of Hawaii and lives in her hometown of Hilo with her husband and two children. In her announcement she pledged to be a progressive voice for Hawaii in the United States Senate. In a speech she gave in front of a hometown crowd in Hilo she stated, "It is clear that this is the time for bold ideas and shooting for the stars. We need to take action on healthcare, on climate change, on education. We can't simply say our goal is to get a compromised position and then compromise further and further until the plan simply will not accomplish what we want. We need to fight for Medicare for all, for the Green New Deal, for student debt forgiveness, and free public university. From there we can compromise to actually help Hawaiians and Americans across the US. Climate change might feel like a far-off problem for a lot of Americans, but we can actively see that it is a problem that must be addressed right now. Our great state has one of the lowest uninsured rates in the country at four percent and that it still far too high. Student loan debt in our state is at four billion dollars and rising. These are just a few of the many challenges our state is facing. I taught elementary kids during the pandemic, I'm not afraid of tough challenges, and as your senator I pledge to always take the tough challenge to improve our great state. I will be a progressive voice for our beautiful state! On July 31st, let's elect a fresh Progressive voice to the Senate! 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online