Granger Fundraiser (Fundraiser)

• Game Master
Character: William Granger
City/County: Mobile County (AL) - Mobile

Good evening, everyone.

It’s wonderful to be here in Mobile, a city rich with history, culture, and the vibrant spirit of Alabama’s Gulf Coast. I want to start by thanking you all for coming out tonight and for the generosity you’ve shown in supporting this campaign. It means more to me than words can say to have the trust and backing of this community.

Now, many of you know me as someone who’s spent decades in the classroom, teaching economics at Auburn. I’ve spent my life studying the forces that shape our economy, but being here tonight, with people who live and breathe the realities of business, trade, and industry on Alabama’s coast, reminds me that economics isn’t just a matter of theory. It’s about people. It’s about the hardworking men and women who rely on stable jobs, smart investments, and sound policies to provide for their families and ensure a bright future for their children.

Mobile is the lifeblood of our state’s economy in many ways. Our port, our industries, and our small businesses here drive not just the local economy but the entire state. What happens in Mobile ripples across Alabama, and that’s why I believe we need to focus on policies that support and uplift the unique strengths of this region.

We need infrastructure that can handle the growth and demand of our port—because the rest of the world is looking at Mobile, and we need to be ready. We need roads and bridges that connect this city with the rest of the state and country. And we need to make sure that our workforce, our entrepreneurs, and our industries are given the tools they need to thrive in the 21st century.

But friends, it’s not just about growth for growth’s sake. We also need to be mindful stewards of our resources. We must ensure that while we’re building, while we’re expanding, we’re also protecting the environment that makes this region so special. Our waterways, our coastal ecosystems—they’re not just natural treasures, they’re economic assets. Tourism, fisheries, and outdoor recreation all depend on keeping our coast pristine and healthy for future generations.

As many of you know, my journey to the legislature wasn’t a typical one. I’ve spent much of my life in academia, studying how economies work and how governments can support or stifle growth. When my wife passed away, I took time to reflect on what mattered most to me, and that reflection led me here—to public service. Because at the end of the day, numbers in a book don’t tell the whole story. People do.

That’s why I decided to step out of the classroom and into the arena of state politics. Because I know that the policies we enact in Montgomery affect every person in this room, every person on the docks, every small business owner downtown, and every farmer out in the fields.

I’m here tonight because I believe that we can do better. We can do better for the people of Mobile. We can do better for Alabama.

But I can’t do it alone. None of us can. That’s why I’m asking for your support. Your contributions tonight aren’t just donations to a campaign—they’re investments in a future where Alabama’s coastal region thrives, where our state budget reflects sound fiscal management, and where every Alabamian has the opportunity to prosper.

I’m a firm believer in the idea that government’s role is to clear the path for success—not to dictate it. We need policies that encourage innovation, that reward hard work, and that make it easier for businesses—small and large—to grow and hire right here in Alabama.

And we need to do all of this while staying true to our values: values of faith, family, and community.

As I stand before you tonight, I’m reminded of how far we’ve come as a state. But I also know how much further we can go. With the right leadership and a commitment to fiscal responsibility, we can make Alabama a place where businesses want to invest, where families want to settle, and where young people see a future.

Together, we can make sure that the next generation doesn’t have to leave Mobile or Alabama to find opportunity. We can make sure that our port remains a gateway to the world and that our industries continue to drive growth for decades to come.

So, I ask you to stand with me. Let’s work together to build an Alabama that works for everyone—an Alabama where our coastal cities are economic powerhouses and where every citizen has the opportunity to succeed.

Thank you for your support. May God bless you, may God bless Mobile, and may God continue to bless the great state of Alabama.

Thank you.

View full fundraiser

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic